Along with getting married usually comes a really nice vacation…your honeymoon! Here are the top 10 affordable honeymoon destinations in the US.
10. Alaska- Cruise through the many inlets, cool weather, beautiful scenery and planned the right time of year, it can be affordable.
9. New York City-The Big Apple, the city that never sleeps, sightseeing doesn’t cost anything and many of the famous attractions are quite inexpensive (even by New York standards.)
8. Niagra Falls-has been a favorite honeymoon destination for decades.
7. Disney World in Florida-Mickey and Minnie’s crew has a certain allure for honeymooners (two 3 day passes are much less than say the airfare to the Caribbean.)
6. Las Vegas-Gambling, shows, great food, wonderful weather. If you are a little lucky in the gambling area, you can actually MAKE money on your honeymoon.
5. San Diego-It’s Vegas without the gambling but with an ocean and Mexico nearby (and laying on the beach for several days doesn’t cost anything.)
4. Hawaii-Sand, surf, beautiful scenery and as with San Diego, laying on the beach doesn’t cost anything unless you consider the cost of Pina Coladas as an expense instead of a necessity.
3. Cape Cod-In the summertime, not a prettier place to be and surprisingly affordable
2. Puerto Rico-No passport needed as Puerto Rico is a US commonwealth and it has many of the same amenities as Hawaii and San Diego (see laying on the beach.)
And the Number 1 affordable honeymoon destination in the US is:
1. Charleston, South Carolina-great weather, historic, plenty of shopping, wonderful food and AFFORDABLE.